New year: reached goals and new resolutions

Everybody tends to see the beginning of the new year like a chance to sum up what they've done in the past one, reset their life and start up with a different leap.

If I look back to 2012 I can say I definitely reached my goals, but I must admit I kept a low profile on my expectations. On the other hand I have done much more than expected. I've published 3 books this year (my first publications), one I had written in the past and two written during the year, and I've sold quite a lot, considering that Italian ebook market is really small (tiny is the right word). I've written another novel during NaNoWriMo (which I won and it was my first one). In total I've written 133k words in 2012, more than in the previous 3 years together. That's really an accomplishment.

My resolutions for next year are:
1) Publish book 3 and 4 of my sci-fi series "Deserto rosso";
2) Republish the whole series as a single book also in paperback;
3) Finish editing my previous novel to be published in 2014 ("L'isola di Gaia");
4) Start translating "Deserto rosso" into English (it will be "Red Desert");
5) Concentrate on creating an author platform in the English market (starting from this blog);
6) Partecipate to and win NaNoWriMo again;
7) Write at least 150k words;
8) Read at least 50 books... what else?
8) Triple my ebook selling!

I think it's enough, isn't it? But you never know what can happen in a year. Maybe I will do something different or something more.
Now tell me about your accomplishments and resolutions!

2 comments:

  1. What you achieved in one year is simply amazing. I am so impressed! You truly are an inspiration for us writers :-)

    You goals for the new year are ambitious, but I have no doubts you will achieve them too. It's good to set high expectations for yourself, as this encourages you to take extra steps you wouldn't otherwise.

    My achievements? Last year I managed to publish my book in Italian (after it was translated from the English version) and I've written the first part of my novella.

    My goals for this year are: finish the first novella which is episode 1 of a (hopefully) long series, write the second episode, and then write a full novel, which is centred around an unusual theme. I'd love to write a fourth book in 2013, but if I manage these first three, I'd be very pleased with myself :-)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck for your resolutions!
      For getting them done, I'd like to suggest you to try NaNoCamp in April and/or July and NaNoWriMo in November. Even if you do not win them, they change the way you approach to writing. After them you become more productive. It's guaranteed! ;)

      Delete