My participation to the Frankfurter Buchmesse 2014: self-publishing beyond language borders


This summer is over, and I’m back on the road starting this news season with a great event: Frankfurt Book Fair.

I’ve been invited by Kobo Writing Life to participate to an event, during which I’ll speak together with Matthias Matting and KWL European Manager Camille Mofidi about the opportunity for self-publisher, like us, to exit our local market and publish our works in other languages. For what concerns me, I’ll have the chance to speak about my experience with the translation of “Red Desert” into English (the original version is in Italian, my language), made possible thanks to my collaboration with English author Richard J. Galloway, who allowed me to start this new adventure without investing real money (but mostly time). Currently two of the four books from the series are available in English, whilst the third and fourth will be published in 2015.
The details on the event are reported in the picture below.



This year the Frankfurter Buchmesse will take place between 8 and 12 October. The first three days are reserved to trade visitors (all those working in the publishing industry) and of course journalists and bloggers. To be admitted you need to register to the website as trade visitor or press. If you buy the ticket online you’ll save 30% of the price.

I hope this event is a good opportunity not just to make an interesting speech with Matthias and Camille, but also to get in touch with other colleagues and people in the European and global publishing industry.
When I’m back, I’ll write a report on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment